Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm lovin' it!

So far, Jody and I have been here three days. It's been amazing thus far and we intend for it to get better and better! We've already seen the temple here and have mingled with some members and missionaries. Here in the office, two sets of senior sister missionaries work here. Two are from the U.S. and are learning Español, but very slowly! They are all way cute. The latin sisters made us a "special" pie and by special, do I mean really special. The kind where you cringe with every bite. It's the thought that counts, right? Monday night, we attended a FHE with all the senior missionaries from the Santiago West Mission. They were so cute! There, both Jody and I knew people serving here. One couple served in the Quito Ecuador Mission - in Tena where I started my mission! I caught them up on some of the people we mutually knew. So cool.

Yesterday we began the first of a three-day workshop and there were 15 people plus two interns plus one missionary plus our manager Hermano Nuñez. We all crammed into a small room amazingly. It was interesting seeing the differences between how our manager teaches compared to how we were taught in Salt Lake. It will definitly be interesting.

Jody and I haven't ventured out too much, but enough to not feel chained down to our apartment. I took pictures, but it takes to long to load the pictures, so maybe another time.

I miss you all and I hope to add more info next time, especially pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment